Hello SPAC Community,
We thought you might find it helpful to have the calendar sent again. A few highlights to look out for:
- Parent’s meeting on the evening of 11/17 – 6:30 pm at Friends of Youth, 13116 NE 132nd St, Kirkland, WA 98034
- Late Registration – Thank you SPAC Board for extending the deadline for this year’s on-time Registration until December 1st. Don’t be late though… there is a 5% penalty for late registration after December 1st. Sign up now.
- Mighty Mite dryland training starts this weekend. Saturday + Sunday nights 4-6pm. Crossfit Nine, 16110 Woodinville-Redmond Rd NE, Woodinville, WA 98072
Support our local ski community!
- Paws ‘n Pints Benevolent Night – a fundraiser to support Stevens Pass Rescue Dogs, Monday, November 2nd at 6:00pm – 10:00pm at Icicle Brewing Company 935 Front St, Leavenworth, Washington 98826. Go out and support the dogs and send all our love out to Stevens Pass for all they do for SPAC.
- December 10 in North Bend, WA, ADL Ski Club presents ski racing movie: “Streif: One Hell of a Ride” about the annual epic Hahnenkamm ski race in Kitzbühel, Austria. Tickets are limited.
- 10/31 Mighty Mite weekend dry land training starts. Saturday + Sunday nights 4-6pm. Crossfit Nine, 16110 Woodinville-Redmond Rd NE, Woodinville, WA 98072
- 10/29 + 11/18 Coaches Clinics
- 11/17 Parent’s Meeting 6:30 pm at Friends of Youth, 13116 NE 132nd St, Kirkland, WA 98034
- 11/21 Copper Mountain – Juniors Thanksgiving Camp – email Dave if you are interested
- 11/30-12/7 Junior Goal Setting Meetings (for Juniors going to Thanksgiving Camp – Goal setting will happen during camp).
- 12/1 late registration begins
- 12/5-6 Coaches Training Weekend
- 12/12 – First Training Day on Snow
- 12/26-12/31 – Christmas Camp
- 1/2-1/3 Regular training continues
- 2/27 Celebrate SPAC weekend
- Apple Cup at Mission Ridge – GS/GS – 1/23-1/24
- Wolf Chase at LoupLoup – GS/SL – 02/6-02/7
- Wild Katz at Stevens – GS/SL – 2/20-2/21
- U12 Championships at Mission Ridge – DUEL/GS/SL – 3/18-20
- March Madness (previously April’s Answer) at Stevens- 3/26
- Small Fry at Stevens – 3/27
- Buddy Werner U14 Championships at Mount Bachelor SQ/SG/GS/SL – 4/1 – 4/4
U14 Regional Qualifiers
(These races open to all Juniors as well, but are the qualifying races for the U14 Regionals)
- Webb Moffett at Snoqualmie – SL/SL – 1/9-1/10
- Hampton Cup at Mission Ridge – GS/GS – 1/30-1/31
- Cherry Tree Charge at Crystal Mountain – SG/SG/SG – 2/14-15
- U14 Regionals at Jackson Hole (participants must qualify to attend) SG/GS/SL – 3/10-3/13
- see Juniors section for additional races open to U14s.
- U16 Q #1 at Spokane – SL/SL/GS – 1/16-1/18
- U16 Q #2 at Mount Hood – GS/GS/SL – 2/13-2/15
- U16 Q #3 (Sun Cup) at Mount Bachelor – SG/SG – 2/16-2/17
- Night Slalom at Stevens Pass – SL – 12/28 (open to U14 as well)
- NWC #1 at Schweitzer – SL/SL – 1/2-1/3
- NWC #2 at Crystal – 2/6-7 GS/GS
- NWC #3 (Sun Cup) at Mount Bachelor – 2SG/2DHTR/2DH – 2/16-2/21
- Evergreen GS at Stevens Pass – GS/GS – 3/5-3/6
- NWC/U16 Finals at Spokane – DUEL/SG/GS/SL – 4/7-4/10
- See above for additional races listed under U14 Qualifiers.
Stevens Pass Hosted Races
(aka – sign up to volunteer .. more info coming soon :))
- 12/28 Night Slalom – SL – Juniors + U14
- 2/20-2/21 Wild Katz – GS/SL – MM
- 3/5-3/6 Evergreen GS – GS/GS – Juniors
- 3/12-3/13 Masters – Masters
- 3/17-3/20 Evergreen DH – Juniors
- 3/26 March Madness (previously April’s Answer) – MM
- 3/27 Small Fry – MM
New Registration Policy
Members who signed up before September 1st got this year’s programs at last year’s costs. Between September 1st and December 1st, those who register will pay standard 2015-2016 fees. Members who sign up after December 1st will incur a 5% late fee.
We hope this gives you enough information to plan your fall and winter for this upcoming season.The PNSA Website is a great source for additional information, and their calendar has updated race schedule information for the Junior level races. Feel free to contact Dave if you have any questions.