Hello fabulous SPAC community. I hope that with all of the evite messages that have gone out over the past week that this is all old news to you, but just in case here’s a recap on the upcoming Celebrate SPAC day on Saturday March 3rd. Celebrate SPAC is a really fun day for the whole SPAC community athletes, parents and coaches. It is the clubs way of celebrating all of the fun we have on and off the hill. And is a special thank you to all of our families for a great season so far. We hope you can all make it and join in the fun.
A special note for Sunday Athletes – all sunday only athletes and families are encouraged to come up for this extra free day – we want as many of our club members to join in the fun as possible.
A special note for Short Program Athletes – Although this coming weekend (Wildkatz Race weekend) is the last official weekend of the short program, the celebrate spac day is an extra free add-on day. We hope you can bring your athlete up for a little extra SPAC fun.
A special note for ALL ATHLETES (AND PARENTS) – one of the biggest challenges of this day is knowing how many athletes we will have on the hill. Even if you’ve already sent your evite RSVPs, please take a moment and be sure to sign your athlete up for the day on their shredreg calendar as well. And if you haven’t RSVPd please do that too!! Note there were two evites one for the daytime and one for the nighttime activities. If you know of any families who were missed on the evite for some reason, please feel free to forward them an invitation.
- *NEW TIME – Team photo at 9:00 am. Athletes to Meet at the SPAC shack – please where your SPAC Jackets.
- Directly following photo – 11:00 am – Fun team event mixing all age groups U8-U19- more details the day of.
- Parent’s Meeting – 10:00am -11:00am Iron Goat/Lodge – Dave Lyon to do indoor presentation to parents.
- 11:00 – break for lunch. (the normal drill)
- Parent Clinic – 12:00pm – 2:00pm coaches take parents out on the mountain for a taste of the amazing coaching your kids receive every weekend. See how much you can improve your skiing in one 2 hour session
- Parent/Kids racing – 2:00pm SPAC Shack race your racer and see if you can win… chances are they are better than you!
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm Finish the day by joining us for a pizza/dance party at the Iron Goat (more details below).
A FEW MORE IMPORTANT ITEMS
STEVENS PASS THANK YOU TREATS!!! We need families to bring in a non-messy treat to put in thank you bags for the staff at Stevens. If each family can bring a minimum of 1 dozen of your treat that would be wonderful. There are 24 different admin offices to deliver to. Please bring your treat to tables by Iron Goat and help us fill up bags. We would like to have all bags filled and ready to be delivered as soon as the team photos are over.
DANCING THROUGH THE DECADES!! 6-9 PM IN IRON GOAT
Break out your disco shoes, poodle skirt or Madonna bangles. We are going back in time to the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s (or present day) for a pizza party and dance of the decades! People really dress up for this, so don’t be lame and skip the costume. The more outrageous the better!
- All SPAC athletes will be given a ticket for 2 pizza slices and soda.
- All parents and guests will pay $10 per ticket for pizza and soda.
- Beer and Wine will be available for purchase.
- POTLUCK TO SUPPLEMENT PIZZA!! Please plan to bring a dish to pass –
All families with the last name starting with:
- A-H please bring a side dish /salad
- I- P please bring a dessert
- Q-Z please bring a snack /appetizer
WE CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL OUT IN YOUR DANCING GARB!!! Should be a great day all around!