SPAC offers high quality individual athlete focused ski racing summer camps for u10 athletes and up. Camps are a great way to cement learning from the season and to start your next season in an even stronger position. Camps focus on gates training as well as skill building and conditioning. Athlete to coach ratios are low allowing coaching to be focused on each individual athlete. Plus summer camp is a super fun way to ski in the sun with all of your SPAC teammates and friends!
Many of you may ask WHY DO SKI RACING CAMP? What we at SPAC have noticed is that athletes who don’t get on snow between April and December often spend the first month or more of training trying to get back to where they were the previous year. Athletes who attend one or more camps in the of season cement the skills they used the year before and start the season ready to move forward. We highly recommend a camp for any racer trying to push themselves to the next level. And most importantly camp is a super fun way to add to your summer plans.
5 day Gate Camp: July 29 to August 2
- U12 and up – Athletes stay together with coaches in a house in Government Camp. They enjoy home cooked meals and comfy homey accommodations, excellent supervision and bonding with coaches and other athletes. (U10 and under may attend as day campers – these athletes lodge with their parents separately – if interested talk to Dave regarding cost and logistics)
- A typical day includes:
- Morning on snow training at Timberline – athletes focus on skills and gate training.
- Afternoon dry land, video review, and fun activities.
- All inclusive- lodging, meals, tickets, coaching and camp transportation – approximately $1550 (cost will be set once lodging is finalized)
- Transportation is available from Seattle for an additional fee
- To Register: Email Lee Podawilz and Dave Lyon
A detailed confirmation letter will follow once you register including a packing list, daily schedule and more!
9 Day Camp: July 18-27
- All the fabulous aspects of the 5 day camp with 4 more days on snow. This camp is often attended by folks from all around the country and brings in visiting coaches. It is geared for athletes really trying to push themselves to the next level.
- All inclusive- lodging, meals, tickets and camp transportation = approximately $2500 (cost will be set once lodging is finalized)
- Registration will open soon via: www.davelyonracecamps.com – in the meantime email Dave Lyon to let him know you are interested.