The SPAC Board of Directors, Program Director and leadership team has been meeting through out the summer and fall to plan for the upcoming season. SPAC will follow all USSS, Stevens Pass and State of Washington Covid guidelines. As a means of clarity, we are publishing the following Covid Protocols in order to better protect or athletes, coaches and families.
- In general SPAC will follow all USSS, Stevens Pass, and State of Washington guidelines.
- All athletes and coaches will need to confirm that they are not experiencing symptoms at the start of each training day. Temperatures will be taken and recorded.
- Athletes, coaches and families should plan to change and/or suit up at the car.
- All bags shall be kept in vehicles.
- Everyone will be required to wear masks in line and on the chair lift.
- Athletes and coaches will maintain 6’ separation when not in line or on the chair.
- Athletes and Coaches will be kept in smaller pods throughout the season
- If they are comfortable doing so, athletes will be welcome to ride chair lifts with their designated pods.
- Groups will be kept under 10. (Exact group sizes will be set by current King County Guidelines
- Hand sanitation stations will be provided at the SPAC shack
- Sanitization of frequently touched surfaces, such as door knobs and light switches will happen daily
- At this time, we are not proposing any modifications in timing of the daily training schedule
- Race specific guidelines will be established as the season progresses. Including:
- Bib distribution / sanitization
- Trophy distribution / sanitization
- Start venue protocol – athlete numbers will be limited and spaced out
- Staggering of male and female races currently planned
- Volunteer protocol
We miss you all very much and are really looking forward to seeing all of your sparkly eyes and smiling faces as soon as we can. In the meantime, we encourage you to connect with each other virtually and in socially distanced outings. By all means share your fun with us by tagging @spacracing on social media. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Board at email@example.com.