Stevens Pass Alpine Club (SPAC) trains at Stevens Pass ski area located on the crest of the Cascade mountain range in Washington state. The club encompasses programs for alpine race athletes aged 6 to adult in programs spanning young developing racers thru Elite FIS/NorAm, competitive Freeride and Master’s. Since the 1950’s SPAC has enjoyed a proud history of developing cutting-edge programs which produce highly successful racers and coaches. Our athletes have achieved placement on the U.S. Ski Team as well as a history of success at the Mighty Mite and Junior levels. Our professional coaches are unmatched in ANY program for their abilities to work with athletes of ALL ability levels and lead them to individual accomplishment. Our Board of Directors, parents and community is strong and committed to providing all participants in our program and guests to our races the best experience possible.
Stevens Pass Alpine Club is a competitive alpine sports club, fostering the development of alpine athletes of every age, with each athlete representing the highest level of sportsmanship, teamwork, leadership, and personal responsibility.
Vision Statement and Guiding Principles
Stevens Pass Alpine Club is a competitive alpine sports club based at Stevens Pass Mountain Resort, Washington, whose primary focus is upon competitive alpine ski racing, while including a separately managed competitive freeride skiing program. Membership consists principally of competitors and their parents. Stevens Pass Alpine Club is a member of the Pacific Northwest Ski Association (PNSA), which includes Washington, Oregon and Northern Idaho. PNSA is a division in the USSA Western Region which is part of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA).The PNSA competition program is the first step for local racers in national and international amateur alpine ski racing competition.
Stevens Pass Alpine Club is a tax exempt, not-for-profit corporation, whose Guiding Principles are:
- To promote the sport of amateur alpine ski racing, free ride skiing, and related winter sports.
- To foster a lifelong passion for winter sports among its athletes.
- To assist in the promotion of amateur alpine ski racing and free ride skiing at the local and regional levels, and to foster development towards national and international amateur skiing competitions.
- To coordinate with the USSA, and its related members, in educating its members and potential members or potential amateur skiing competitors in all aspects of skiing competition and coaching.
- To sponsor and maintain educational opportunities designed to train skiing coaches through USSA and PSIA sanctioned programs.
- To assist skiing competitors in pursuing college level competition and education, as well as provide guidance towards those seeking further careers in alpine snow sports.
- To nurture a competitive sports environment, which builds character, values, and good sportsmanship for all participants.
SPAC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Our tax ID number is 91-1011121.