Stevens Pass Alpine Club (SPAC) is an alpine ski team located at Stevens Pass Ski Area located at the crest of the Cascades. SPAC has offered race programs for skiers dating back to the 1950’s. Currently we offer programs that accommodate skiers from around six years old through young adults. Our athletes participate in local, regional, national and international events.
SPAC provides a fun and safe training environment in a variety of training venues; new athletes are able to develop fundamental ski and race skills, and our more experienced athletes are able to refine and improve their technique and tactics. SPAC also spends time outside of the gates free skiing the entire mountain with their coaches. One of the additional benefits of participating in SPAC race programs is that athletes become exceptional all mountain free skiers.
Many of our athletes race and train at a very proficient level, however, we only have a few basic skill requirements for those skiers new to racing. If the athlete can ski intermediate terrain, load the lift without help, and put their gear back on when they fall, they have the necessary skills to participate. SPAC also has a dedicated, experienced and current coaching staff that is committed to helping all of our athlete’s ski and race to their potential.
Learn more about the available Program Options
Stevens Pass Alpine Club is a competitive alpine sports club, fostering the development of alpine athletes of every age, with each athlete representing the highest level of sportsmanship, teamwork, leadership, and personal responsibility.
Vision Statement and Guiding Principles
Stevens Pass Alpine Club is a competitive alpine sports club based at Stevens Pass Mountain Resort, Washington, whose primary focus is upon competitive alpine ski racing, while including a separately managed competitive freeride skiing program. Membership consists principally of competitors and their parents. Stevens Pass Alpine Club is a member of the Pacific Northwest Ski Association (PNSA), which includes Washington, Oregon and Northern Idaho. PNSA is a division in the USSA Western Region which is part of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA).The PNSA competition program is the first step for local racers in national and international amateur alpine ski racing competition.
Stevens Pass Alpine Club is a tax exempt, not-for-profit corporation, whose Guiding Principles are:
- To promote the sport of amateur alpine ski racing, free ride skiing, and related winter sports.
- To foster a lifelong passion for winter sports among its athletes.
- To assist in the promotion of amateur alpine ski racing and free ride skiing at the local and regional levels, and to foster development towards national and international amateur skiing competitions.
- To coordinate with the USSA, and its related members, in educating its members and potential members or potential amateur skiing competitors in all aspects of skiing competition and coaching.
- To sponsor and maintain educational opportunities designed to train skiing coaches through USSA and PSIA sanctioned programs.
- To assist skiing competitors in pursuing college level competition and education, as well as provide guidance towards those seeking further careers in alpine snow sports.
- To nurture a competitive sports environment, which builds character, values, and good sportsmanship for all participants.
SPAC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Our tax ID number is 91-1011121.