Etiam tincidunt gravida nunc
Stevens Pass Alpine Club (SPAC) is an alpine ski team located at Stevens Pass Ski Area located at the crest of the Cascades. SPAC has offered race programs for skiers dating back to the 1950’s. Currently we offer programs that accommodate skiers from around six years old through young adults. Our athletes participate in local, regional, national and international events.
SPAC provides a fun and safe training environment in a variety of training venues; new athletes are able to develop fundamental ski and race skills, and our more experienced athletes are able to refine and improve their technique and tactics. SPAC also spends time outside of the gates free skiing the entire mountain with their coaches. One of the additional benefits of participating in SPAC race programs is that athletes become exceptional all mountain free skiers.
Many of our athletes race and train at a very proficient level, however, we only have a few basic skill requirements for those skiers new to racing. If the athlete can ski intermediate terrain, load the lift without help, and put their gear back on when they fall, they have the necessary skills to participate. SPAC also has a dedicated, experienced and current coaching staff that is committed to helping all of our athlete’s ski and race to their potential.
Learn more about the available Program Options
Stevens Pass Alpine Club (SPAC) is a local ski and snowboard-racing club whose membership consists principally of competitors and their parents. SPAC is part of the Pacific Northwest Ski Association (PNSA), which includes Washington, Oregon and Western Idaho. PNSA is a division in the USSA Western Region which is part of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA).
The PNSA competition program is the first step for local racers in national and international amateur ski and snowboard racing competition. SPAC is a tax exempt, nonprofit corporation. Its purposes are:
- To promote the sport of amateur ski and snowboard racing and related winter sports.
- To assist in the promotion of amateur ski and snowboard racing at the local and regional levels and to foster national and international amateur ski competition.
- To coordinate with the USSA and it’s related members in educating its members and potential members or potential amateur ski and snowboard competitors in all aspects of ski and snowboard competition and coaching.
- To sponsor and maintain educational programs designed to train ski and snowboard competitors and coaches.
- To assist ski and snowboard competitors in pursing college level competition and education.
- To nurture a competitive sports environment which builds character, values and good sportsmanship for all participants.
SPAC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Our tax ID number is 91-1011121.